Techlicious (blog) Oculus Rift VR Gaming Headset Due in Early 2016 Techlicious (blog) The tech, expected on store shelves by the first quarter of 2016, has the potential to completely change the way you view and play video games by actually putting...
Hypergrid Business Regions grow, activity slows on OpenSim grids Hypergrid Business For those who are new readers, OpenSim is a free, open source virtual world platform that's compatible with the Oculus Rift.
ITworld Immersive video collaboration is around the corner ITworld Their avatar interacts with their correspondents' avatar in the space. For example, a nod of the head, or other nuance like waving and glancing is replicated.
SLOODLE is a free and open source project which integrates the multi-user virtual environments of Second Life® and/or OpenSim with the Moodle™ learning management system.
SLOODLE provides a range of tools for supporting learning and teaching to the immersive virtual world; tools which are fully integrated with a tried and tested web-based learning management system used by hundreds of thousands of educators and students worldwide.
Tools and Features
* Connect to a chatroom with the Web Intercom. Students can participate in chats in Second Life using the accessible Moodle chatroom. Discussions can be archived securely in a Moodle database.
- Make presentations with the Presenter. Slides can be quickly uploaded to Moodle in a variety of formats, then viewed in-world as part of a live presentation or asynchronously in Moodle.
- Gather feedback with the Choice.
- Manage in-world assignments with the Assignment Drop-Box. Review grades quickly and easily in the standard Moodle gradebook.
- Distribute inventory with the Vendor.
- Link identities of Moodle users and avatars with the Reg-enrol booth.
- Take quizzes in-world with real-time feedback with the in-world Quiz Chair, integrated with the Moodle gradebook.
- Track points in in-world quizzes and games with the Scoreboard.
- Manage scenes of different objects with the Rezzer. 3D objects and activities can be easily arranged, saved and recreated.
The Immersive Education Initiative has announced the first in a series of international “builder” tournaments during which students and schools compete against one another to build immersive experiences, content, apps and applications.
The inaugural Minecraft “Builder Bowl” tournament begins in June, with the championship rounds and awards ceremony to be held during IMMERSION 2015 in Paris this September.
Experience Tools are a powerful new feature that make it possible for creators to build more seamless and immersive experiences. Experience-enabled scripts allow each user to opt-in to an entire multiple-script experience, rather than being interrupted by lots of dialog boxes from each individual sc...
Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies Tinkering with Consciousness Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies We live in a world where paralyzed people can answer emails with a chip in their brain, where people with severe depression...
Penn State engineering students have been working to develop an immersive virtual reality (IVR) system called Oculus Rift and test how this system and others may enhance student learning both on campus and online.
PhotoSpeak is a FREE app that can make photographs COME ALIVE. Warning: It is seriously creepy. This app literally transfers any portrait photo into a 3D moving avatar. PhotoSpeak compares its products to the talking pictures seen in Harry Potter's Hogwarts castle.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.