Mitch Resnik, the creator of the super-simple Scratch programming language and head of the Lifelong Kindergarten group at the MIT Media Lab, gave a TEDx talk about the value of coding and computer literacy in early education.
Via Beth Dichter
|Current selected tag: coding. Clear.|
Your new post is loading...
Here are several compelling reasons why all designers should learn to code:
- Designers who can code can put their ideas in motion without waiting on a front-end developer (FED).
- FEDs can design something the way they want it, instead of trying to interpret someone else’s vision.
- The streamlined process allows for agile design, where user feedback can be implemented immediately.
- Applying creativity to development produces more thoughtful, user focused products.
- Teams are able to design user interactions in a real world environment instead of a PSD.
By Joeleen Kennedy
Via Katia Frolova