Part of rethinking learning means rethinking the bits and pieces of the learning process–teaching strategies, writing pieces, etc.
Which is what makes the following chart from Kathleen Cushman’s Fires in the Mind compelling. Rather than simply a list of alternatives to homework, it instead contextualizes the need for work at home (or, “homework”). It does this by taking typical classroom situations–the introduction of new material, demonstrating a procedure, etc.), and offering alternatives to traditional homework assignments.
There are now more than 40 step-by-step lesson plans as well as chapters on different approaches and paradigms for exploiting video, such as how to use video in blended learning, task based learning (TBL) or content and language integrated learning (CLIL).
El profesor necesita la habilidad de usar herramientas digitales para localizar, evaluar, usar, crear y compartir nueva información. En esta presentación se describen 10 competencias digitales y se proponen distintas herramientas para desarrollar cada una de dichas competencias.
Los docentes, como ciudadanos de la sociedad del conocimiento y como formadores de ciudadanos competentes de esta sociedad, debemos desarrollar la competencia digital para garantizar experiencias de aprendizaje diversas que faciliten la propia construcción del conocimiento, y la alfabetización del alumnado del siglo XXI, utilizando las TIC como un medio para lograrlo.
Why is STEM important? In short, the future job market will revolve around science. This includes all forms of technology, engineering and math. 80% of jobs in the future will require technology skills. Statistics today show that there will be a drastic shortage of job applicants in the next decade with the skills and knowledge to fill these new positions. While only 4% of the nation’s workforce is composed of scientists and engineers, this group creates jobs for the other 96% of the workforce (source). The average professional with a STEM-related degree earns more than double the average national wage. About 3 million jobs are currently unfilled because Americans lack the basic STEM skills needed for the positions (source).
That response brought to mind the in-class flip model. If you are not familiar with in-class flipping, it keeps all parts of the flipped model at school. Teachers pre-record direct instruction, which becomes a station in class for small groups of students to rotate through. While students are at their stations, the teacher would work one-to-one with some students, while others students spend time on independent activities or group work. Watch this video to learn more about in-class flipping.
El Siglo XXI es un siglo de transformaciones, pero el cerebro humano no puede cambiar tan rápido como las herramientas tecnológicas que utilizamos.
Esto pone al/la maestro/a del S. XXI ante una situación tecnológica crítica constante, ya que tienen que aprender sobre los recursos de aprendizaje que sus alumnos/as tendrán que usar en el día a día. A continuación os mostramos, de manera objetiva, 9 herramientas web básicas.
QR codes are possibly one of the most underused useful features of new technology. Perhaps one of the main reasons for this is that many people see them as a form of barcode and wrongly believe that they can only be produced by companies, but the reality is anyone can produce a QR code within seconds.
Plagiarism has become an increasingly significant issue with the increase of online information and the ease with which it can be copied. It is an issue in the classroom for students and educators, but it’s also an issue for writers, bloggers and journalists.
En la entrada anterior os contaba en qué iba a consistir el Taller de StopMotion con Apps titulado Jugar con las imágenes. En este artículo me gustaría que vieráis una pequeña muestra del resultado de esta fantástica experiencia que espero repetir y ampliar el curso que viene.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.