Richard Branson founded Virgin in 1970 at the age of 20, and he hasn’t looked back. He’s the only entrepreneur to have built eight separate billion-dollar companies in eight different industries — and he did it all without a degree in business. We’ve compiled 19 of the best tips from his new book — 'Like a Virgin: Secrets...
1. Don't do it if you don't enjoy it;
2. Be visible;
3. Choose your name wisely;
4. You can't run a business without taking risks;
5. You can't run a business without taking risks;
6. The first impression is everything. So is the second;
7. Perfection is unattainable;
8. The customer is always right, most of the time;
9. Define your brand;
10. Explore uncharted territory;
11. Beware the "us vs. them" environment;
12. Build a corporate comfort zone.
13. Not everyone is suited to be CEO;
14. Seek a second opinion. Seek a third;
15. Cut ties without burning bridges;
16. Pick up the phone;
17. Change shouldn't be feared, but it should be managed;
18. When it comes to making mistakes, bounce back, don’t fall down;
19. Be a leader, not a boss.
Via Peter Hoeve