Social media has a measurable impact on Google organic search results, with Google+ improving rankings the most.
Though the study wasn’t statistically ideal, it showed that social media has a measurable impact on Google organic search results, with Google properties impacting the websites’ organic search rankings the most.
1. Increasing the number of Google+ Business Page followers yielded the biggest change in position: +14.63
2. Tactics to grow the number of Google +1 votes also paid off: +9.44
3. Facebook promotion finished in the middle at +6.9
4. A better Tweet and retweet strategy resulted in +2.88
5. Focusing on getting more Twitter followers came in last and actually decreased search rankings: -1.22.
The control site, which had no social media activity around it, didn’t experience any meaningful change: -0.11
Read the Full Article Here