Miami Dolphins starting offensive tackle Jonathan Martin left the team following an incident with teammates, multiple sources confirmed to ESPN.com.
According to sources, Martin was the subject of some ribbing on Monday and was angry about it. One source said Martin's fellow offensive linemen were behind the incident, and it happened in the Dolphins' lunch room.
"O-line made fun of him and he snapped," a source said.
Martin left the team this week and is listed as doubtful for Thursday night's game against the Cincinnati Bengalsdue to an illness. Neither source was sure when Martin would return. Backup right tackle Tyson Clabo is expected to start in Martin's place.
Martin, a former Stanford product, was a 2012 second-round pick of the Dolphins. He has started every game for Miami this season. He spent the first six games at left tackle and one at right tackle.
According to Fox Sports 1, which had earlier reported the news on Wednesday evening, Martin is with his family and receiving treatment.