You may easily make a pouf or an ottoman that will accent your interior and it’s a very functional piece as you may sit on it, put your feet, it may serve as
Home and Garden Style
Homemaking is a very under rated in modern times. What is more wonderful than having a home and making it a place you love to be? http://thegrrl.com
Curated by Laura Brown
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.
Pink is a pale red color, which takes its name from the flower of the same name. According to surveys in Europe and the United States, pink, especially when combined with white or pale blue, is the color most commonly associated with femininity, sensitivity, tenderness, childhood, and the romantic. However, when combined with violet or black, it is associated with eroticism and seduction.
Sam Wong's new house is a study in happy contradictions. It has the openness of contemporary design but the look and feel of traditional Arts and Crafts. While space is abundant and flows easily, it has been parcelled out with precision, and not a square inch is wasted. Despite the coolness of an early fall day, the 3,500 square feet of living space feels cosy, from basement to third-floor loft. Yet no furnace hums, no fire crackles, no electrical coils glow.
With gross levels of consumer debt and rising real-estate prices across the country, it’s a wonder that Canadian home-owners are able to make their mortgage payments. Add to the mix limited job security and increasing self-employment and freelance work, and … Continue reading →