1. The reason is because of because the rate of reduction in healthcare costs (below national average).
2. It will lower deficits because of policies of health care costs, which allows money for investments on infrastructure, education, and innovation, which will allow the economy to grow.
3. The president's budget has set limits (set by Republicans and Democrats) allowed stability for his budget. He uses that to invest in things that could potentially allow the economy to grow. For example, early learning (education) - he would allow new opportunities/slots for future students, grants, and research.
4. Some pros are the ability for the Republicans and Democrats to come together to decide on levels to stabilize the economy (even though not everyone got what they wanted, there were still able to compromise on some levels). Some pros are that the President could invest in the wrong things and waste money, which would hurt the economy instead of helping it.
President Obama has chosen to an enact an executive order regarding pay of federal employees to exert his authority on parts of economy that he can control and to keep federal contractors from retaliating against employees who discuss their pay with each other. His executive order shows the limits on his ambition when his order isn't supported by Congress. His order could be challenged and deemed unlawful. Republicans believe that he is pushing his power too much and should do more work with Congress. Some believe that his new executive order places a burden on companies and increases their costs. The White House has not addressed an anti-discrimination executive order that would protect gays and lesbians working for federal contractors. The White House wants the House to approve a Senate-passed bill extending those protections to all Americans rather than just those working for federal contractors.
Video on msnbc.com: The age-old practice of politicians re-drawing Congressional districts to find friendly voters, or, gerrymandering, has allowed members of the House of Representatives from both sides of the aisle to stay in power regardless of...
Gerrymandering is the legislative process by which the majority party in each state legislature redraws congressional districts to ensure the maximum number of seats for its candidates. It got its name from its creator, Elbridge Gerry, and the "mander" part came from the shape he drew his district that journalists described as a salamander. Redrawn districts are usually redrawn to ensure that the majority of the voters in that district will vote for the candidate that is redrawing those districts. House seats are reapportioned every 10 years. A potential solution is dividing the districts based on geography and population. The incumbent would no longer be able to use gerrymandering to keep them in office and ensure them their position. Both don't exactly show fair representation of the voters.
More Americans today are satisfied with where the nation stands on acceptance of gays and lesbians, federal taxes, and healthcare availability than were satisfied in 2001. But Americans' satisfaction with the economy has declined.
1. Yes because events (such as the gay/lesbian community stepping out, gun issues being raised, and economical issues) have changed drastically from 13 years ago. Therefore, opinions on such topics
2. Yes - for topics such as gun policies, Republicans have more satisfaction than Democrats due to the fact that conservatives are pro-gun and liberals are not. Republicans are more satisfied with conservatives topics and Democrats are more satisfied with liberal topics.
3. Democrats support health care policies, U.S. immigration levels, and military/national security, and the role of U.S. in world affairs more than Republicans.
4. This means that there is a 4% error in the results. It does not impact my interpretation of the results by much due to the fact that 4% is not a high percentage at all.
The Republicans have been consistently favored in Roberts court decisions. He has persuaded liberals to agree with his actions. A precedent is an earlier ruling that is a base/guideline for future rulings. The Roberts court has used his 2009 opinion as a precedent for the Voting Rights Act to stand and they've largely made rulings that benefit businesses. The President should appoint judges with the same ideals, morals, and opinions as him in order to have the court successful in his favor.
Justice Anthony Kennedy is the swing vote (the tie-breaker). He has not been consistent with voting straight for a certain party's views (He leaned right in ten cases, left in six.) There is no obvious bias because the writer was just presenting facts and quotes. However, there is a little bias in the quotes the writer chose to use.
1. The NRA sent out a "grass roots alert" to millions of email subscribers to urge their senators to oppose the President's nominee . They are concerned with the fact that the nominee is extremely against guns.
2. Democrats face a threat that they may lose control of the Senate, because some Senators are changing their voting views because of the effect NRA has had on people.
3. The President chooses the positions of people.
4. The White House could delay Obama's vote for surgeon general or withdraw the nomination altogether. The White House needs to balance parties in order to have support from both parties.
All about the Electoral College. This original video from Disney Educational Productions tackles one of the most interesting elements of U.S. presidential el...
Holly Nguyen's insight:
1. The Electoral College was formed to establish an effective election system for a president and vice president to ensure fair power throughout all states and capturing the people's opinions rather than giving all the power to the government.
2. A common strategy is the "safe state/swing state" strategy. Safe states are states where the candidate can safely assume their win for votes because of strong support. The highly targeted swing states (in which no party dominates) can easily be swayed, opening the best opportunity to gain electoral votes.
3. A president is elected by the House of Representatives.
4. Al Gore won the popular vote but George Bush won the electoral vote, therefore Bush won presidency. Some people believed the Electoral College took the power away from the people.
5. Yes. I feel like all states have equal representation.
Texas remains a Republican-leaning state because its white residents are becoming increasingly Republican and its large Hispanic population, though solidly Democratic, is less so than Hispanics nationally.
1. Democrats believe that the party realignment in Texas will allow them to effectively compete for governor. The Hispanic minority voice has grown considerably, making it a growing majority in terms of political voice.
2.The percentage of Texan Hispanic and non-Hispanic white voters who identify themselves as Republicans has always been more than the percentage of Hispanics and non-Hispanic white voters who identify themselves as Republicans.
3. More Hispanics in Texas identify themselves as Republican rather than other Hispanics in the nation, keeping Texas a Republican majority state. This means that Texas is unlikely to result in a party realignment. Although a majority of Hispanics are Republican, they only represent the Hispanics that are registered to vote, which is only 43%. The votes/results could be different if most were registered to vote.
4. Samples were weighted in accordance to unequal selection probability, nonresponse, and double coverage of landline and cell users in the two sample frames used, gender, age, race, Hispanic ethnicity, education, region, population density, and phone status.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.