From Health Imaging: Quality improvement and patient-centered care—two concepts essential to the health reform effort—will require health IT.
Here are six near-term opportunities for integrating health IT training into educational and professional development programs:
- Improve integration of health IT into medical licensing board exams
- Include health IT requirements in accreditation of curricula
- Require meaningful use of health IT as a condition of licensure
- Integrate assessment of health IT capabilities into board certification
- Integrate use of health IT into continuing medical educatio
- Use EHR-generated practice profiles to customize continuing medical education