DataCite and CrossRef have agreed to collaborate to:
- Enhance the interoperability of their respective systems in order to make it easier for publishers, data centres, libraries and third parties to integrate with the scholarly DOI ecosystem.
- Provide comprehensive support for interlinking between articles and data.
- Develop open APIs and open source tools to surface citations and other relationships between publications and data sets.
- Integrate into their services other existing scholarly communications initiatives such as ORCID and CrossRef’s FundRef.
- Develop systems, workflows and best practices for using DOIs to reference large, highly granular and dynamic data.
(10 November 2014, Oxford, UK)
Via Tree of Science