Pentucket Medical cardiologists Seth Bilazarian and Sunny Srivastava discuss vitamins and dietary supplements as alternative, complimentary and natural therapies.
Patients often think doctors are "against" the use of vitamin or herbal therapies. I try to explain on our community program "Matters of the Heart" the doctors viewpoint on Vitamin supplements - cautions and recommendations. I speak about Vitamin D deficiency and its treatment.
Because its a VItamin or because it says its natural doesn't mean its good.
After crunching the numbers, the report found that during that time period, more than 75 percent of Medicare-eligible households spent at least $10,000 out of pocket on health care. Spending for all participants during those last five years averaged $38,688, and for the remaining 25 percent the average expense was even greater: they spent a whopping $101,791 out of pocket. A quarter of participants also spent "more than their total household assets on healthcare," according to the report.
Following an investigation of the ambulance records in the area close to the epicentre of the earthquake investigators found that the occurrence of cardiovascular conditions increased sharply after the earthquake.
PAD is short for Peripheral Artery Disease. People have PAD when the arteries in their legs become narrowed or clogged with fatty deposits, or plaque. The buildup of plaque causes the arteries to harden and narrow, which is called atherosclerosis. When leg arteries are hardened and clogged, blood flow to the legs and feet is reduced. Some people call this poor circulation.
We recently had the honor of working with the American Heart Association to create an educational poster about Atrial Fibrillation (AFib), which is a common abnormal heart rhythm that puts patients at a five times greater risk of stroke. With one side of the poster designed to educate patients and another to inform doctors, this two-sided American Heart Association poster seeks to bridge the AFib knowledge gap.
ACC has pulled together a toolkit to help treat patients with atrial fibrillation (AFib) based on the most recent evidence and best practices. Developed by experts and field-tested, the AFib Toolkit is a valuable and free reference or point-of-care resource you can use on your own time.
There is a very useful patient education section at the bottom which paitents will find valuable
Common issues following hospitalization include blood clots. Patients often wonder why we force them to get out of bed and move. Prevention of blood clots in the legs and lungs is critical for recovery.
Moderate levels of exercise are often prescribed for people recovering from a heart attack or heart surgery, but a new study finds that pumping up workouts to high intensity levels might be a safe option too.e the web....
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.