The general muscle building nutrition guide is an article aimed to show you the basics of good nutrition for building muscle, looking good, feeling and having lots of energy.
|Scooped by Simranjot S. Josan|
How could we forget about the 10 commandments of muslce building nutrition! It is probably the most important part besides the workouts that you are doing at the gym. The rules are simple.
1) Eat atleast 6 quality small meals per day (to increase metabolism)
2) Eat protein and complex carbs in every meal to have healthy diet because carbs are also needed (try to include atlease 30 grams of protein)
3) Use supplements. I prefer preworkout supplements so the nyou get pumped up and have a great intense workout and stay focused
4) Simply AVOID SODA!
5) Stay away from fat but not "bad" fat. Some healthy fat is found in in olive oil, peanut butter and fish. So no junk food!
6) One mistake I used to take is go to the gym with an empty stomach. That is very bad and you should have a small meal that contains a good portion of carbs and protein about 30-60 minutes before you workout.
7) It is very crucial that you have a good after workout meal or shake because after a workout your body absolutely needs nutrients. A shake with lots of carbs and protein is important for an insulin spike that will release a growth hormone. Then a meal is good within 60minutes of training.
8) Drink lots of water! Consistensy is key.
9) NO snacks. Snacks have lots of sugar and all that bad stuff you don't want.
10) Last but not least, Never stay hungry. Whenever you are hungry eat something healthy. This is important because it won't let your body burn muscle but instead build it and also help speed up your metabolism.