These methods will help you lower your risk of breaking a bone and avoid osteoporosis.
1. GO GREEN: Dark leafy greens-like kale, collard greens, spinach, and romaine-are loaded with calcium, an essential nutrient for building stronger bones. And, the NOF suggests getting calcium from food first, supplements if needed.
2. GRAB THE ALMONDS: Nuts are an important food for good health, but almonds in particular offer the added bonus of delivering lots of calcium.
3. LEARN TO LOVE PLAIN YOGURT: Strained Greek yogurt is particularly high in calcium and many people prefer its thicker texture.
4. KNOW YOUR VITAMIN D LEVELS:
5. WALK OR RUN EVERY DAY:
6. DO PUSH-UPS:
7. TAKE IT SERIOUSLY: A broken bone can wreak havoc with your physical, mental, emotional and financial health. Not only can it cause someone to be immobilized, it can be fatal.