Do you still think salt consumption causes high blood pressure and heart attacks? The taboo on salt has been challenged - here is the truth about salt.
The result was 90% sodium without hardly any of the minerals that come with unprocessed sea salt. Actually, those with high blood pressure (and everyone, really) should just consume more foods rich in potassium, no matter the level of salt consumption. Meta-analysis’ show how low potassium intake has the same impact on blood pressure as high salt consumption – the real problem is an imbalance between sodium and potassium. Then add bleaching agent residue and aluminum to the processed salt toxic package and you have even more of a health hazard.
Evidently the causal link of salt consumption for high blood pressure to heart attacks is weak. But the right type of salt should be used for optimum health. Though we all need sodium to live and function efficiently, our bodies have a hard time recognizing it from refined salt. Digestion and metabolism become imbalanced, perpetuating toxicity internally.
Ten Health Benefits of Unrefined Sea Salt
1) Salt helps stabilize and regulate heartbeats, thanks to its magnesium and sodium content.
2) Sodium is essential for proper muscular function.
3) Salt helps minimize the effects of stress by maintaining proper melatonin, serotonin, and tryptamine levels in the brain.
4) Salt helps the body hold water sufficiently for proper cell hydration.
5) Salt helps remove cellular acidity, especially in the brain and kidneys. Thus it is an alkalizer.
6) Sea salt boosts your immune system.
7) Since salt is taken into bone matter as part of strengthening bones, it could help prevent osteoporosis.
8) Sea salt provides a buffer for blood sugar levels to help prevent diabetes or to help those who are diabetic use less insulin.
9) Sea salt provides iodine in a natural setting, making it easier for your thyroid to absorb it and to regulate the endocrine system.
10) It tastes better. Drink plenty of water when consuming salt.