As 2013 draws to a close, Daniel Ghinn has put together a list of his top-ten favourite pharma social media 'firsts' of the year - new things that pharmaceutical companies have been doing in social media.
It's been a year packed with new ideas, channels, and lessons learned.
In pharma social media, this list is where the new ground is being taken in what is still a challenging environment for regulated pharmaceutical industry.
Here's what pharma did for the first time in 2013:
10. Cleaned up its Twitter name
9. Implemented Tumblr to support patients
8. Exceeded 7 million views on YouTube
7. Reached 90,000 likes on Facebook
6. Integrated social media with a prescription product website
5. Lost $160m in a social media crisis
4. Maximised congress activity with social media
3. Hosted disease-focused chats on Twitter
2. Trained doctors in social media
1. Activated Digital Opinion Leaders
To read in detail about each of the above, check out the original post at http://www.pharmaphorum.com/articles/pharma-gets-social-top-10-pharma-social-media-firsts-in-2013