The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) today issued a position paper on “Electromagnetic and Radiofrequency Fields Effect on Human Health”, including wireless technologies and smart meters.
In its new report, AAEM is calling for:
1. An immediate caution on Smart Meter installation due to potentially harmful RF exposure.
2. Accommodation for health considerations regarding EMF and RF exposure, including exposure to wireless Smart Meter technology.
3. Independent studies to further understand the health effects from EMF and RF exposure.
4. Recognition that electromagnetic hypersensitivity is a growing problem worldwide.
5. Understanding and control of this electrical environmental bombardment for the protection of society.
6. Consideration and independent research regarding the quantum effects of EMF and RF on human health.
7. Use of safer technology, including for Smart Meters, such as hard-wiring, fiber optics or other non-harmful methods of data transmission.