Data anaytics firm specializing in oncology sets out to give cancer doctors access to more meaningful data from a larger cancer patient population and make them more connected.
One of the biggest frustrations cancer doctors have is feeling like they’re the only ones treating cancer, according to Nathaniel Turner, co-founder of cancer data analytics startup Flatiron Health. He and co-founder Zachary Weinberg are about to start the second of a two year pilot program to create a virtual tumor board of sorts by giving physicians access to more meaningful data from a larger patient population.
The long-term goal is to give them a better sense of the best treatment options for their cancer patients depending on the type of cancer they have. ..
Turner points out that only roughly 4 percent of cancer patients are in clinical trials. Its solution is designed to retrieve data from the remaining 96 percent and improve clinical trial participation. Data analytics in the context of cancer would seem a strangely specific place for a couple of advertising technology professionals to enter, albeit successful advertising professionals who sold their business Invite Media to Google in 2010. Turner and Weinberg are intimately familiar with the challenges cancer patients face from friends and family and are strongly motivated to use technology to knock down silos and improve data transparency for oncology professionals. Turner points out that advertising technology is practically stratospheric next to healthcare IT and believe they can advance the quality of technology. ...