Whistler Water is proud to introduce One Climb – an inspiring one-day event to raise money to provide clean water to over 10,000 people in a developing nation. A brand new event supporting Free The Children has just been launched by Grouse Mountain called the Whistler Water One Climb, set for Saturday, June 22 at the infamous Grouse Grind.
The event is a challenge out to youth, community members and business leaders in the Lower Mainland to dress in blue and “flood the Grind,” all to raise funds for Free The Children clean water projects in Kenya. This will support the charity’s year-long Water Initiative with a goal of providing 100,000 people with clean water for life.
Compelling (we hope!) reasons for teachers to get involved:
· Participating and fundraising for the Whistler Water One Climb is an amazing way to continue your global actions from We Day throughout the summer
· Participating in One Climb will count toward PE requirements --2 hours will be rewarded
· Participating in One Climb will count towards volunteer hours--2 hours will be rewarded
· The teacher who signs up the largest team in One Climb will receive a Grouse Mountain Ski Pass
· Kids who sign up before May 12th will be automatically entered into a draw to win prizes from ivviva, DC , Roxy, Oakley, Quiksilver, Whistler Water and Grouse Mountain
· It may just be the perfect way to celebrate the end of the school year and make a difference in the world!
Thank you so much for taking a moment to learn what this event is all about, and for helping to spread the word. For questions or to book a member of the Grouse Mountain Education Team to come and introduce One Climb to your school please email mgill@grousemountain .com or call 604-984-0661 ext. 4256
Event Day – Saturday, June 22 – starts at 8am
The event will transform Grouse Mountain with a dance party vibe! Here’s a rundown of the day:
· Pre-climb rally at the base of the Grouse Grind with live DJ
· “Get your blue on” station with accessories like hair chalk and Blue Warrior face paint
· Warm-up by local cheer/dance teams
· Mass We Day Dance
· On the Grind: Climb to the beat (African Drumming) and take part in other surprise hike activities on the Grind
· An after-party at the top featuring the amazingSpencer West,Me to We motivational speaker who climbed Mount Kilimanjaro last summer despite losing his legs at the age of five
· Free afternoon to take in all otherGrouse Mountain general admission activities
· Complimentary download ticket for registered participants.
Where did this all come from?
After joining a Free The Children “water walk” in Kenya last summer, Grouse Mountain President Stuart McLaughlin was inspired to create this event.
“When you have to carry water from the only source over many kilometres, a 50 litre barrel of water leaves a dent in your skull and a lasting understanding of the daily challenge in these Kenyan’s lives,” said McLaughlin.
So are you ready to Commit to Climb and help us spread the word?
· Register atoneclimb.ca- no cost, with a fundraising minimum of $25 (that’s clean water for one person for LIFE). Raise $200 or more and win cool prizes!
· Register before May 12 and win even more cool prizes from ivviva, DC , Roxy, Oakley, Quiksilver, Whistler Water and Grouse Mountain!
· One Climb Tool Kit: please download and share the posters, info sheets, Facebook cover photos, and videos to help you spread the word! All available athttp://oneclimb.ca/sign-up/.
Please visitoneclimb.cafor all the event details including a logistics and day of planning guide!
Manager, Education & Experiential Learning
Office: 604-984-0661 ext. 4256