1. Obama wants to push his agenda, and without the support of Congress, this is his most effective way of pursuing wage equality. Issuing executive orders to the federal labor force is often a huge first step to social reform; black integration into the federal workforce is a prime example.
2. Obama can only control federal workers, meaning that only those contracted under the government must conform to the executive order. The only way for the government to extend regulation outside of federal workers is through law, through the legislative branch.
3/4. The president is working against congress, and he is forcing wages to rise which has many dentrimental effects to businesses. Obama cannot expect to go through with his exec. order and keep unemployment low, because businesses will not be able to keep up the payrolls. Leaving the 2008 crash, there is strong criticism that increased wages and increased unemployment is not what our economy needs right now.
5/6. The white house is ignoring LGBT anti discrimination to maintain presence in the Republican-controlled house.
1. The electoral college was constitutionally established in Article II of the constitution; It was put in place to make certain that people who were educated on politics were voting when information was poorly and inefficiently circulated to the general public.
2. The majority of campaigns emphasize preaching to swing states, because there is little doubt that safe states will vote against their allignment. Swing states are the states that might vote either way, so to secure majority, candidates will spend the most energy trying to ascertain their votes. Swing states ensure that there is a possibility that either party could win, instead of every state always voting for a particular party.
3. When no candidate recieves majority electoral votes, a run off election is held. The two candidates who recieved the most votes become the only two candidates, and electoral votes are cast against both. With an odd numbered electoral college, a majority is guaranteed.
4. There was a difference in popular vote vs. electoral votes. This is extremely supportive of the movement to abolish the electoral college and leave the presidential election to a popular vote.
5. NO I AIN'T SATISFIED. The electoral college, although useful in 1800's America, is an antiquity that is stifling to America. Two party system has become detrimental to our government and politics, and the third party encouragement of a popular vote system could help the country in many more ways than could hurt it. It might take a couple elections to work out all of the bugs, and it would be nigh on impossible to get the two parties to actually relenquish their power and allow 3rd parties to form, but if it could happen it would be greatly beneficial to both the American ideology and our actual system of government.
1. The NRA is telling their members PROPOGANDA and is trying to convince enough Senators that this man is EVIL so that he will not be nominated.
2. THEIR LIVES, THEIR FAMILIES, THEIR LANGUAGE, THEIR WIVES, THE ECONOMY, ANY SHRED OF DECENCY LEFT IN THIS CRUEL WORLD. This man is Satan incarnate to the NRA. He truly believes that guns are a disease to be eradicated from the nation, and any senators that come from areas dominated by gun support face losing their support and chances of reelection. The NRA is a big, fevered, and influential group, and if Senators don't accurately represent their constituents on this issue, then their reelection is sacrificed. However, the problem is figuring out who the majority, the many people who are angry that their guns are being threatened, or the silent group that supports gun prohibition.
3. The president hold a lot of influence over what happens (starting from nominating the tree hugger who wants to ban guns). He, and the white house staff, decide what delays will happen, when the vote will take place, and influences the senators that will eventually vote on this hippy.
4. The white house has their hands tied when they want to employ such preposterous eco loving policies. There will be a lot of complaining from constituents because it is a fevered topic. Both the shoeless hipsters and the gun toting back country-s would get mad when any action was taken on these policies; The whie house's best course of action is either to postpone the vote until after midterm elections or to pick another candidate (but then the smelly "ecologists" will get mad that guns still exist).
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.