|Current selected tag: storytelling. Clear.|
Your new post is loading...
A project funded by the Knight News Innovation Lab, Timeline works great with stories that have a strong chronological narrative. It does not work well for stories that need to jump around in the timeline.
Mashable Sonia Paul writes about it: "Timeline is similar to Storify in that it allows users to aggregate media on the web, it differs in its operation.
With Storify, users can drag and drop content into a post.
With Timeline, users can either embed the code onto their website using JSON, or — if they don’t want to mess with any coding — they can fill in a ready-made Timeline template on Google Docs.
The project is currently hosted on GitHub, and users can find specific directions on how to both embed the code and use the Google Doc template there, too.
Future plans for the project include support of more media type, as well as iPhone compatibility, B.C. time support and better seconds and milliseconds support."
Here is the GDoc ready-made template: https://docs.google.com/previewtemplate?id=0AppSVxABhnltdEhzQjQ4MlpOaldjTmZLclQxQWFTOUE&mode=public&ndplr=1&pli=1#
Download: https://github.com/VeriteCo/Timeline/zipball/master ;
More info, including how to embed it on your site and what file formats are supported: http://timeline.verite.co/ ;
Via Robin Good
A List of The Best Free Digital Storytelling Tools for Teachers.
Here some of the pluses of digital storytelling in education :
- It develops creativity and critical thinking Students who are shy or afraid to talk in class get a chance to speak out their minds
- It empowers students voice to deliver rich, deep message that is capable of conveying a powerful message.
- It helps students explore the meaning of their own experience, give value to it, and communicate that experience with others.
- It promotes the notions of life long learning and independent learning
- It develops students communicative skills It is a reflective process that helps students reflect upon their learning and find deep connections with the subject matter of a course or with an out-of-class experience.
- It fosters students sense of individuality It also gives students an opportunity to experiment with self-representation and establish their identityStudents creating digital stories develop proficiency with multimedia applications
Via Gust MEES
"Without understanding connectivity, the basis of human connections, network theory, contextual intelligence, any business leader unable to grasp those things will be lost." [Warren Bennis]
The 12 habits of highly connective people has been the single most read and shared post I have written in the last couple of months. Literally.
Why it worked
Part of the reason is the structure of the post.
It starts with a great story told vividly by a master storyteller and maker who has earned tremendous respect and attention in the business and tech communities. Two communities I am becoming very involved with and hope to bring closer to each other...
Via janlgordon, Martin Gysler