The reason for the deficit decline, according to Deputy Director Brian Deese, is the amount of healthcare that the government is providing. The growth of the cost cost of healthcare is dropping because medicare and medicaid.The presidents budget for 2015 is expected to continue to drop the deficits. If the president does not enact his policies and budget then the deficit is likely to be higher by almost 2%. Congress, to an extent, have to come to a compromise when it comes to discretionary spending. The president tries to provide new ideas to congress on how to better the nations economy. The president wants to provide NIH grants in order for more research to be done and also better private sector growth in the future. The budget proposal seems to bring more opportunity and available growth, but the budget does not ensure that the growth will happen. Also there seems to be more government involvement in regulating the economy which may not help in the long run.
Obama had decided to use his full presidential executive powers because of the lack of support from congress. Whether congress supports his policy changes or not he still is pushing to pass a law eliminating the differences in wages between men and women or different races. The president has the powers to drive for economic changes to be done but are not likely to pass a law unless he gains the congress approval. Because of his forceful behavior many republicans believe that he is pushing his executive powers to far. While he may be helping individuals, large corporations and companies may receive a negative impact on any passed wage policies. He is criticized because those companies will potentially lose a lot of money. One issue the the White House seems to not address is an anti-discrimination policy protecting gays working for federal contractors. One reason that they may not try to bring this idea into the White House for changes is because of how controversial the issue is. There would likely be many debates, and the process would be very lengthy.
1. An ideal candidate for 20 16 seems to be someone who is not too extreme whether far left or right, someone who is honest, and someone who has had a positive experience in politics. Overall this applies to both parties.
2. Sabato is more focused on the history and character of each candidate rather than their platforms.
3. The campaign is not something that starts a few months before an election. Everything about a persons history is going to play a roll in the campaign of a candidate and start years in advance. They assume that the people already well known are going to have the advantage.
4. Yes, because that means that the majority of the people know about them and what they believe.
Texas remains a Republican-leaning state because its white residents are becoming increasingly Republican and its large Hispanic population, though solidly Democratic, is less so than Hispanics nationally.
1. Texas is reliable for being the largest state with republican support. If it overturns to democratic majority, then there will be major changes nationally. Democrats will overall have the most populous states. Due to the increase is minority races, they are becoming the majority who gives the most support to the democrat party.
2. White people tend to lead to republican support and Hispanics support the democrats.
3. Hispanics have a smaller turnout for voting than most major races. Due to their lack in participation their numbers of democratic support are not seen in the polls.
4 The poll was done using a large amount of people over a large area. Also used different methods over the phone to retain the information and provide translation for Spanish. Also the surveyors were chosen at random.
According to chief Justice Roberts, typically the court falls more on the liberal side of politics. Now Roberts says that he has been "persuading the court’s more liberal justices to join compromise opinions." A precedent is previous actions or decisions that have occurred, many current decisions are made based off of precedents. One of the case that dealt with the precedent of original ruling deals with the Voting rights act. Something that a president tries to gain in court is an overall support, along with compromise, and use of persuasion. Justice Kennedy's vote is seen as the most valuable because he could swing to the other side of the party.There is some biased material because of the way that it is written. The author seems to be more conservative and in favor of swinging more the less liberal side.
Video on msnbc.com: The age-old practice of politicians re-drawing Congressional districts to find friendly voters, or, gerrymandering, has allowed members of the House of Representatives from both sides of the aisle to stay in power regardless of...
Gerrymandering is when districts are redrawn in a way that they are meant to give a certain party a greater majority and chance at winning an election. Gerrymandering originally got its name from Elbridge Gerry who drew his distract in a way that looks like a salamander. Many districts draw are very contorted and oddly shaped. House seats are reapportioned at every census when districts are redrawn. There are not easy ways to control gerrymandering. Many politicians will find a way to bend the laws to get what they want. Some propose to have stricter regulations and less availability to completely change districts. Whatever party has the majority in the house is likely to draw districts to their advantage and gain a majority of votes in the following election.
More Americans today are satisfied with where the nation stands on acceptance of gays and lesbians, federal taxes, and healthcare availability than were satisfied in 2001. But Americans' satisfaction with the economy has declined.
1. Over the 13 years used for the data, many historical even such a 9/11 occurred. That event especially changed the outlook on politics and the nation. People began to stand up for important issues. Over this time period the events that happened definitely played a role in the change of public opinion because of the rise in patriotism.
2. For the most part, the Republicans and Democrats are satisfied with what I expect them to be. Republicans are not satisfied with major issues including abortion and healthcare. As for democrats, they are more satisfied on those issues.
3. Republicans are supporting less government interaction within the economy like healthcare. The Democrats support more regulation on social issues reaching for equality like abortion
4.The sampling error could have been from not polling a variety of people. This means the the differences in percentages of change could not be that drastic in reality.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.