For a while now, I’ve started to wonder if Klout is really just another advertising play/network wrapped up in a score which is wrapped up in a game?
Here is how the Klout advertising network works:
1. company (probably via their “social media agency”) wants to get some buzz going about their product/service
2. company hires Klout to share their product/service
3. Klout picks out users based on their score in a vertical
4. Users get the freebies and shill for said product
5. Company gets lots of tweets on Twitter (and tons of mentions for Klout as a side benefit)
What I don’t know is whether this ad network actually delivers value.
Via The New Company