According to Aristotle, courage is the first virtue because it makes all other virtues possible.
Here is a list of ten things you can do as a leader to show and develop courage:
1. Stand up for what is right even if your opinion is unpopular.
2. Keep quiet and let others speak even if you think they are wrong.
3. Delegate with confidence.
4. Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
5. Take responsibility for your actions.
6. Maintain your integrity even when temptation abounds.
7. Ask what you can give, rather than what you can get.
8. Give credit where credit is due.
9. Be kind when giving feedback.
10. Ask. Don’t tell.