"If you're wondering what's next for Google Forms, the source code reveals that Google will add support for rich-text editing, embedding images and that Google Forms will integrate with Fusion Tables and Google Scripts (codename "maestro")."
"In this blog post, we’ll take a look at how we can actually use Romain’s [Gmail Meter] output, and generate a neo4j database that will allow us to visually and graph-ically explore the email traffic in our gmail inboxes - without doing doing any coding of course"
"Join GDG London in Skills Matter on April 17th to discover how to use Google Apps Script to extend Google Apps, with a talk from Google's Arun Nagarajan.
"I'm a big fan of Google Apps Script, but I'm really fed up of seeing "Execution time exceeded". Obviously data access times can be unpredictable, and although it can be improved through caching it's never going to be as good as a local Excel Workbook. But once you have the data loaded, how about processing speeds - shouldn't that be comparable ?"
In 2011 and 2012, while studying the region around Pluto with the Hubble Space Telescope, I discovered the dwarf planet’s fourth and fifth known moons. I soon found my inbox stuffed with hundreds of naming suggestions.
Martin Hawksey of Jisc CETIS started playing around with discussion usage data in Canvas when he was participating in the Learning Analytics course in Canvas Network. Using Google's cloud scripting service Google Apps Script, free for Google Apps and Google account users, he could dig deep into the data and start doing some interesting (and valuable) analysis all from the comfort and familiarity of a spreadsheet.
Join us for this free 50-minute technical webinar on Friday, April 26th as Martin details his experience using the Canvas APIs and walks through building scripts to get meaningful Canvas data using Google Apps Script and the Canvas APIs.
Martin Hawksey's insight:
If any of you use Canvas by Instructure (or even just Learning Analytics in general) you might want to tune into this webinar I'm giving on next Friday (26th April) at 4pm BST (8am PDT/11amEDT). In Apps Script terms it won't be too advanced (mainly URLfetch and data reshaping) but might give you some ideas for what you can do in your own organisation.
This post contains details of how the Canvas API can be queried with Google Apps Script and the data entered in a Google Spreadsheet. In this particular example I go on to explore the data using Social Network Analysis techniques, but the basic framework may be useful for other projects
gClassFolders Version 2 was released on 2/13/13 and contains the following new features:
* Ability to run in "Single Teacher Mode" or "School Mode" - school mode anticipates use over multiple semesters and at the scale of many classrooms.
* Ability to add students and classes over time without recreating all folders.
* Bulk operations like "Remove from class", "Add teacher," "Add school aide," "Move to another class," and "Archive course"
* Internationalized interface runs in over 70 languages via Google Translate API.
* Plugs into gClassHub, a gallery of tools that allows any teacher running gClassFolders to instantly launch spreadsheets containing useful scripts like Doctopus, autoCrat progress reports, etc. PRE-POPULATED with their student roster and student assignment folder IDs!