Look, punishing bullies is hard work and Muchacho Spanky has been doing it since he was barely bigger than a shiny new Peso! Not to mention tending my own flock of little ones! How do I do it? Let me tell you how...
1) Don't make sounds when you move. You don't hear young people groan every time they get out of bed do you? We shouldn't either, it's a bad habit!
2) Speaking of bed, when it's time to get up, GET UP. Don't linger for 7 more minutes, you're either rested or not, now get up and go. Instead of thinking about all those things you have to do today...DO THEM.
3) Breathe. Yes, fill your lungs like the air is the sweetest thing you ever smelled, because, really, it is.
4) Once you're up and moving, keep moving. Don't get out of bed and then plop into a recliner. An object in motion will stay in motion, so get moving. Any kind of early activity will help your whole day.
5) If there's something you're dreading for the day, then do it NOW if you can, like you have the tightest deadline ever! At the very least, tackle some aspect of it right away, just to get the ship headed in the right direction, and hold off on the coffee, keep it as something to look forward to as soon as you make some progress.
6) Drink a glass of water. I won't bore you with all the reasons why, because you already know, just do it, you'll feel better. Muchacho will know if you don't!
7) Have a moderately-sized breakfast. A little something healthy will jump start the whole system, whereas a huge meal or an unhelathy meal will put you back to sleep, and there's a whole world out there waiting to see what you can do!
8) Listen to some music. I can't understand people who listen to talk radio in the morning. A few minutes of vibrant music fires my juices, and sets my toes tappin' for the rest of the day.
9) Accomplish something, ANYTHING, before you sit. Any small task will do and if it's a major project, just make a bit of progress and then leave it with the positive feeling of accomplishment still fresh. It's all about momentum, get it on your side, and you'll cruise through your day with a happy glow.
10) Read something enertaining if you must read. Don't start your day with news of suffering, start the day with a laugh and life will give you something to laugh about! I have a suggestion... there's a family adventure story I've heard is quite fun and uplifting for everyone...now what is it called...oh, yes "The Legend of Muchacho Spanky!" Ha! You knew what was coming!
Next weekend over 450 authors will be participating in the Tucson Festival of Books. Each author generally appears on a couple of panels. (As an example, this is the schedule for Josh Bazell, author of Beat the Reaper and ...
Muchacho Spanky appreciates the “Mark of Spanky” tattoo displayed by Angelina Jolie at the Oscars. Still, a tattoo on her leg may not be the most appropriate way to demonstrate her support of child literacy and specifically the family adventure tale The Legend of Muchacho Spanky. Her heart was in the right place…Muchacho says, Gracias!
Utah Jazz forward, Jeremy Evans displayed a fantastic one-two punch at the 2012 NBA Dunk Contest, saturday evening in Orlando. He successfully executed a double dunk over a seated teammate to thrill the crowd and take home the trophy. Not only did Evans demonstrate his dazzling athleticism, but also his support of family reading by displaying a copy of his favorite children’s book, "The Legend of Muchacho Spanky" as he soared to the basket.
You want inspiration, no? ¡Si! Who could inspire more than basketball sensation Jeremy Lin? Cut from multiple teams to hero of the big apple! Truly a wonderful story! I wonder what inspires Jeremy Lin? I'll bet it's...Wait one minute, now...What is that resting on the shelf of his locker? A copy of The Legend of Muchacho Spanky! Of course, I should have know. My tale offers fun, adventure, and inspiration for the whole family, even the big kids, like Jeremy Lin! Bueno.
Very Nice Earrings, no? ¡Sí! Perhaps she is a supporter of children's literacy. Perhaps, she supports the fight to stamp out bullying. Or maybe she is just a Muchacho Spanky fan. Maybe all three; I do not know. Whatever the case, she has good style!
There's pretty much one way to poop indoors: In a toilet. No real room for creativity. Or at least functional creativity. Outdoors, though, the world is your canvas. Dig a Leave No Trace six-inch hole and make yourself comfortable.
New York — In his first official appearance as a New York Jet, Tim Tebow cited the usual long list of positive influences that helped him arrive in the Big Apple on the biggest stage in football. But...
Los Angeles — The 340-ton granite megalith artwork known as Levitated Mass was “tagged” en route to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA). The tag was done with non-permanent water color and was removed shortly after it was discovered by stunned security personnel. “I don’t know how they got that on there right under our noses,” said one guard, “but I had to laugh and get a picture. I recognized the Mark of Spanky immediately. My kids love the book, The Legend of Muchacho Spanky. I am glad it’s not permanent though.” The Levitated Mass arrived at it’s destination safely Saturday morning.
Are you looking for a wonderful family adventure story that everyone will enjoy? Of course you are, what am I thinking!? Take a look at Chapter #1 of Book #1 of "The Legend of Muchacho Spanky" -- the #1 Book in the entire galaxy! How much does it cost, you say?...How does free sound to you?...VERY GOOD! Please enjoy and share.
The one-and-only greatest adventure hero of all time discovered a lost wing of the Chicago Public Library hidden at the end of a booby-trapped tunnel deep beneath the building. Some kids had been asking to read a certain family adventure tale, and Indy was determined to help them! Here, he reads the back description of The Legend of Muchacho Spanky right before poison darts shoot from slots in the wall! Wonder what’s got his rapt attention? Here it is…
In the shadow of an ancient Mayan pyramid, 3rd-grader Mia Gonzalez discovers the lost legend of Muchacho Spanky — the swashbuckling punisher of bullies! Good thing too, because a group of trouble-makers from a rival camp is harassing Mia and her friends. Can she unlock the secret of Muchacho Spanky in time to foil the bullies and save the field trip? Or is the legend just a hoax…
Heh, heh, heh, buenos días to you too. Life on Mars, yes I read something about that, but we have bigger frijoles to fry!
Good news for you, your holiday weekend just got even more dynamite, no? ¡Sí! Sure Muchacho Spanky has the #1 Children's Book in the history of human kind -- my joyous first family adventure, The Legend of Muchacho Spanky, but there's more to tell you...Ready? Muchacho Spanky’s website is updated and ready to roll. Please enjoy.
You will find fun for the whole family. After you enjoy some adventures there, maybe pop over and have a look at The Legend of Muchacho Spanky, available everywhere in the galaxy where intelligent creatures thrive! It's the number one best seller and still climbing! How is that possible? Magic.
The link to my site is below. The website is open 24 hours per day, so come on in any time and don’t worry about waking anyone up!
Another perfect day in the Caribbean, no? Wait a moment now...Holy guacamole, it's the Mark of Spanky! Perhaps the sign of some hidden treasure? Hidden...no. Treasure, oh yes, my friends. Powered by the energy and fun of one dozen bolts of lightning, I give you my new children's book The Legend of Muchacho Spanky. Now hear me out...it's free on Amazon.com...at this very moment for you, no? ¡Sí! The whole family will enjoy or there is a problem with your family. Now go, and enjoy! Muchacho insists.
IND. -- Tom Coughlin was grim at half-time of Super Bowl XLVI. His New York Giants had controlled much of the first half, but they were still losing, and the New England Patriots were set to receive the ball first in the third quarter. The mood of his team was somber -- did they have what it took to climb over the Patriots’ legacy to a higher spot of their own? They had been in this situation as a team many times before, but this…this was the big one -- this was for everything.
Coughlin started half-time in the usual way, with Xs and Os. He needed his defense to live up to its potential and he needed more consistency from his offensive line. “Do your job!” was the theme in the final half-time of the season, as it had been in every previous half-time since week one.
But as the final lip-synced mewling of the 53-year-old teenager formerly know as Madonna, mercifully faded, Coughlin made a game-changing call. He had ten minutes left, which he could stretch a bit if needed. “Sure there were more things I could have emphasized about the plan,” said Coughlin, “more stuff I could have hammered home to the men, but I didn’t.”
Coughlin knew he had to reach deeper -- he wanted to touch the collective spirit of the team and create that magic bond necessary at the inception of all miracles… “Coach pulled out a kids book and read it to us,” said defensive lineman Justin Tuck.
“I had been reading it to my grand kids quite a bit and they liked it. It’s a special story about overcoming obstacles,” said Coughlin. “We had a doozy of an obstacle facing us, so I pulled it out.”
The book was “The Legend of Muchacho Spanky,” and the reaction of the team didn’t surprise Coughlin. “The men were into it” he said. “They trust me, and so they went along with it.”
No one was more moved than Giants Quarterback Eli Manning. “By the time, little Mia Gonzalez and Muchacho Spanky put those bullies in their place, there was some big guys fighting back tears in that locker room,” said Manning. “But not me, I cried like a child.”
Then the Giants went out and won the Super Bowl.
When asked how he would follow up this year’s half-time if the Giants were to make it back to the Super Bowl next year, Coughlin replied, “I’ll have to read them book two of the series.”