„Pancake” lenses have been present and used in photography for many years; still only nowadays you can notice the real proliferation of those devices. It is connected to the launch of mirrorless systems which simply love small physical dimensions of lenses. No wonder every mirrorless system offers pancake instruments in their line-up. When it comes to the Fujifilm X system its users got the small Fujinon XF 18 mm F/2.0 lens at the very beginning, right after the launch. In June 2013 the X system line-up was enlarged by another tiny 2.8/27 lens. We like “pancakes”: they are perfect for mirrorless cameras, and testing them is a real pleasure. As soon as the new Fujinon appeared in Poland we decided to take a closer look at it......
- small and neat casing,
- excellent image quality in the frame centre,
- negligible chromatic aberration,
- well corrected spherical aberration,
- low astigmatism,
- fast and accurate autofocus.
- high vignetting,
- weak image quality on the edge of the frame near the maximum relative
- exorbitant price ......