"During this seminar, we will examine the following subjects:
- 1. How is a French commercial litigation conducted and very briefly how is it different from an American commercial litigation
- Special Commercial Court ("TDC")
- Simplified pleadings
- Very limited pre-trial and trial proceedings
- Low legal fees and disbursements
- Executions of a money judgments - the "référé" option
- French Court of Appeals
- 2. Can a French Tribunal be avoided and should a potential non-French litigant take steps to avoid finding itself before a French Tribunal?
- Choice of forum
- Choice of applicable law
- 3. Some thoughts about effectively working with your company's French legal counsel ("Advocate")
- 4. Some thoughts about changing Advocates.
- Security deposit requirement
- Privileged information not directly available to client
- Partial solutions"
Via Stefano KaliFire