The Approval results were met with screams of joy, celebration and applause and these signs of happiness were not only coming from the breeders and owners of the Trakehner stallions, but also from the spectators - even when not every decision was met with unending clapping.
It was a strong group that presented itself this year for approval at the Trakehner Stallion Market in the Holsten Hall. The approval lot was actually not the largest, with 31 stallions presenting themselves, but it impressed with quality.
The following five stallions have been selected for "Premium" Approval recognition (in the order of their catalogue number):
• Davidas, by Horalas-Abdullah - bred by Dr. Margaret Mac Gregor from Auburn, IL (USA)
• Niagara, by Kentucky-Wiec - bred by Marek Przeczewski from Milakowo (POL)
• Sir Sansibar, by Millenium-Cadeau - bred by Gestüt Hohenschmark, Grebin (GER)
• Octavian, by Millenium-Hohenstein - bred by the Stud Radegast Ralph und Carsten Vogel GbR, Radegast (GER)
• High Motion, by Saintt Syr-Summertime - bred by Luise Bredemeier, Petershagen (GER) and owned by the High Motion Consortium, Schäplitz (GER)
An additional 11 stallions were "Approved".
Millenium, the 2nd reserve champion form the Trakehner Stallion Market 2010, delivered a very impressive contribution this year: Three of his five selected offspring were Approved and the other two received Premium recognition.
The Trakehner Approval Committee also approved two half-blood stallions with Le Chevalier, by Cavallieri xx-Vespucci, who was bred by Klaus-Dieter Markgraf and Orlow, by Favoritas xx-Heops, who was bred by the K. Zimmermann/Lorenz Breeding Group.
The Approved stallions:
• Donauabend, by Abendtanz-Lauries Crusador xx (B: Burkhard Wahler, Bad Bevensen)
• Timberland, by All Inclusive-Schwadroneur (B: Karl-Heinz Schulenburg, Kasseedorf)
• Alborolo, by Herbstkönig-Polarion (B: Bernd Eisenmenger, Bubenheim)
Donauherbst, by Herbstkönig-Kasparow (B: Johann Albert Timmermann, Schenefeld)
• Vapiano, by Kentucky-Easy Game (B: Gestüt Radegast Ralph and Carsten Vogel GbR, Radegast)
• Ivanhoe, by Millenium-Hohenstein, (B: Antonie G. Hofmann, De Wiejk, The Netherlands)
• Sir Oliver, by Oliver Twist-Biotop (B: Gestüt Heinen-Issum, Issum)
• Greenwich Park, by Saint Cyr-Alter Fritz (B: Bernhard Langels, Schäplitz)
• Tudor, by Iskander-Sixtus (B: Family Gellhaar, Steinau)
Further information can be found at: http://www.trakehner-verband.de
Photo by Stefan Lafrentz shows American-bred Davidas by Horalas, judged best jumping stallion.