Are you looking for ways to foster creativity in your classroom? This post provides some history about the nature of creativity and shares how beliefs have shifted over time. If innovation and creativty is a key component of what students need to learn then how can we go about doing a better job teaching it. A few of the suggestions are below (quoted from the article, although each has additional information).
* Embrace creativity as part of learning.
* Participate in or create a program to develop creative skills.
* Use a creativity model. (Note - one is suggested that has six steps).
* See creativity in a positive light.
* Explore different cultures.
An additional 25 suggestions may be found in the post as well as links to many resources.
Via Beth Dichter