by Tamar Lewin, NYT
Dartmouth is concerned that Advanced Placement courses are not as rigorous as college courses.
Of more than 100 students who had scored a 5 on the A.P. Psyc exam, 90 percent failed the Dartmouth Psyc 1 final test. The other 10 percent were given Dartmouth credit.