Excerpted from the article by HubSpot:
"We’ve all heard about how inbound marketers need to get more creative with their content format by incorporating visuals, audio, and images.
With all these content types, aren’t we forgetting something?
Oh right. SEO. Even with the new glasses, Google still can’t read and index images, video, and audio content without a little help. Luckily, we have everything you need to know about SEO for non-written content, from images, to video, to audio content.
- Best Practices for Image SEO:
1) Pick an image that's in a Google-supported format.
2) Name the file using keywords that describe the image.
3) Add in helpful alt text.
4) Provide context for the image within content.
5) Submit an image sitemap.
- Best Practices for Video SEO:
1) Save your video in a format that Google can crawl.
2) Name your video file strategically.
3) Embrace your keyword strategy in your title, tags, and video meta-description.
4) Try to host only one video per page.
5) Enable sharing with embedding and specific anchor text.
6) Create and submit a Video Sitemap to Google Webmaster.
7) Include a transcription.
- Best Practices for Audio Content SEO:
1) Make your podcast easily navigable from the iTunes SERP.
2) Optimize your content for strategic keywords.
3) Accrue subscribers.
4) Solicit reviews.
5) Factor in the age of your podcast.
6) Include a transcription.
- Best Practices for Non-Written SEO in Social Media:
With social networks becoming more visual, optimizing non-written content is more important than ever.
The goal for non-written SEO in social networks isn’t necessarily to be found by search engines, but to make sure you’re using non-written content to its full advantage.
Here are some resources for non-written SEO best practices for specific social networks..."
Each practice is analyzed with detailed information. Read full interesting article here:
Via Giuseppe Mauriello