According to Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 the development, dissemination and use of both national and Community Guides to Good Practice must be encouraged. However, these guides may be used on a voluntary basis by food business operators.
EU Guides to Good Practice
- Guide to good practice on Microbiological Classification and Monitoring of Bivalve Mollusc Production and Relaying Areas
- EU Guide to good hygiene practices specific to wholesale market management in the European Union
- Guide to good hygiene practices for Packaged Water in Europe
- Guide to good practice for Hygiene and the application of the HACCP principles in the production of natural sausage casings Updated 29-02-2012
- Guide to good manufacturing practice for "liquid, concentrated, frozen and dried egg products" used as food ingredients (non-ready to eat egg products)
National Guides to Good Practice
Guidelines on the registration of national guides to good practice in accordance with Article 8 of Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 have been developed and enable Member States to initially submit only certain information concerning their national guides to the Commission (SCFCAH consensus of 15 July 2008).