Business school communication lecturer JD Schramm helps alumni develop the art and science of tight story-telling for social impact in this video lecture "Concise Storytelling for Leaders Workshop".
In this video you will you learn his habits of concise storytelling:
- Skip the preamble
- “Follow Goldilocks” – that is, to think carefully about how much detail to include; not too much and not too little.
- Connect with individuals
- As in music, silence is effective
- Don’t read or memorize the manuscript, nor try to speak off-the-cuff
- Use PowerPoint wisely
- Know your AIM: audience, intent, and message
- Do use personal anecdotes, self-deprecating humor, and accessible language
It's long, but see it as a free and complete storytelling course.