"At the heart of what people love about small businesses, is the feeling of connection. People love to know where their money is going. They love to feel like they know a business owner. They love to feel a connection to a place or product.
This “currency” of storytelling is something that succesful businesses utilize all the time. Oftentimes it comes in the form of an Origin Story, or the story of how and why a business came into being."
Read the full article to hear some famous business origin stories and how to find your origin story by finding your inciting incident by asking:
- What inspired you to start your business?
- Was there a Pain Point that you recognized in the business world? What was that moment like?
- What problem are you helping your customers solve?
- Why did you choose to try and solve that specific problem?
- Was there anything in your childhood, past, or business training that led you to try and solve that problem?
- Were there any big obstacles that you had to try and overcome to start your business?