A presentation from a workshop held at Skidmore College in March 2014.
This workshop will cover a simple development process. Participants will create a digital story using images, audio, and/or video using free web tools and/or mobile apps. I use "story" in a general sense; it may be one of personal discovery or growth, a fictional narrative, a travel experience, a presentation, or something else you find worth telling. I discovered more than 50 such tools and recently have expanded the site to include mobile apps as creative platforms. As an example I created the same story in each tool. The result is that a good story and the creative process should and do transcend the tools.
The workshop process:
- Warm Up Activity
- The Way of the 50+ Ways (presentation above)
- Table Group Activity: Story Brainstorm
- Table Group Activity: Pick and Find the So What?
- Table Group Activity: Find Media
- Individual Activity: Build a Story in a Web Tool and/or a Mobile App
- Summary and Review
To see the workshop in action see Alan's blog post.