Understand trends in current fiction and learn to contextualize narratives in this Massive Open Online Class (MOOC) - The Future of Storytelling. The 8-chapter course starts on October 25th, 2013 and ends on December 20th, 2013. Enrol for free!
What to Expect
Together with a whole network of media researchers, creators and students we will:
- learn storytelling basics such as antagonist/protagonist relationships, narrative/narrated time, ...
- have a look at exciting current media projects
- analyze how they are designed and executed based on aforementioned basics
- and discuss how (and if) new online tools and formats change the way stories are told and perceived.
Our MOOC will help you answer the following questions:
- How do fictional stories work? Which structures and mechanics are used?
- How do new technologies influence the ways stories are told and perceived - and which new media formats have been developed during the last years?
- How can technologies, interfaces and visuals engage an audience fast and continuously?
- How can I develop and implement my own story-ideas - on my own or in teams?