"When a new hire joins your company, what do they take away from their first impression of your organization?
Some of the longest lasting and most inspiring organizations in the world use story to educate, invigorate, and motivate their staff. I know the word “story” has become a buzzword, but that’s just story with a little “s.” What I’m talking about is story with a big “S”: the art of communicating your ideas using a persuasive narrative structure. It’s a story that has a beginning, middle, and end, and uses dramatic principles of tension and contrast to move your audience to a different state of thinking, feeling, and acting."
Read the full article to discover more about these signs that can help you tell if your company has a truly story-driven culture:
- information delivery
- values and principle documented
- artifacts and lore collected
- look outside their business
- builds communication skills
- leaders demonstrate empathy
- communicators are valued and recognized
- communicating clearly and persuasively is central