Story telling is the art of connecting the hearts and minds of your fans with a shared value and ideal that defines the sacred truth of why the brand exists, and who benefits from that existence.
A successful narrative taps into the mythical, the carnal and the base behaviours we were once taught in our village. This ‘story’ allows for a connection that goes beyond the traditional transaction. A successful narrative should remind us of something sacred, a deep value within ourselves rather than just promoting a product or service. It taps into those bedtime tales from our youth.
Read the full article to find out more about tactics you can use when implementing this strategic imperative:
1. Allow the story telling to be your differentiator
2. Theme your content in a multi-layered approach, talking to human experience, life-stage of your fan segments, and then layer your brand communication on top of that
3. Hand-in-hand story telling
4. Visual and multi-faceted story telling
5. Personality is incredibly important