Marketers are finally moving into a new era – transmedia storytelling. The previous era, characterized by a huge platform obsession approach, is over.
What is Transmedia?
Transmedia is a storytelling technique, which happens across multiple media platforms, but in a platform appropriate way.
Content is spread across several media simultaneously.
3 Main Phases of Development
1. Transmedia concept development: Emotional investment
2. Distribution Models: Social mechanics
3. Growth: Participation and Care
Transmedia Storytelling in Practice
1. Building Storyworlds, the art, craft & biz of storytelling in the 21st Century
2. Classical train: Enjoy the music
3. The Spiral
4. Antigones Dagbok, mobile drama
Read the full article to find fuller explanations and examples that present these different transmedia approaches and models.