"What makes great stories so powerful is their "stickiness," their ability to draw our attention and engage our hearts and minds. The best stories spread good ideas like wildfire and inspire us to take action. And that's precisely what makes storytelling such a powerful tool for social innovators. Everyone has a story. This guide will help you tell yours."
Read the full article to find out more about these eight steps to creating a "sticky" story:
- Reflect and build your narrative arc.
- Identify your key audience (i.e. the general public, social innovators, thought leaders, funders)
- Select your core message.
- Choose your story type (i.e. challenge story, big idea, how-to, impact).
- Create your call to action.
- Select your story medium (i.e. written, video, audio, spoken).
- Create an authentic and concrete story.
- Optimize channels for sharing your story.