"Collecting stories is one of the top challenges that non-profits site when it comes to successful storytelling. For fundraising and communications professionals, this challenge persists because they are removed from program delivery and don’t have direct access to the stories. The solution to this problem is to proactively develop a story library so that you always have a number of stories at hand for fundraising and communications materials that you might be producing."
Read the full article to find out more about these 5 ways to build a story library:
- Schedule a weekly time for story collecting
- Create "story time" at meetings
- Develop a story submission form
- Start an internal newsletter
- Always keep an eye out and an ear open