"If you work at a nonprofit, chances are you do your fair share of storytelling and that you’ve followed every bit of traditional advice. You know to follow a tried-and-true plotline, use emotion-evoking words and finish with a happy ending or offer a solid solution.
Yes, all of these tips do work. But, there’s more that can be done to really get your audience excited about your story — just follow the lead of presidential candidate Donald Trump."
Love him or hate him, Trump has captured the hearts and minds of many supporters. Read the full article to find out more about these 6 storytelling lessons most anyone can learn from Donald Trump:
- You can dominate with enthusiasm
- It's not all in the details
- Use power words
- Keep your narratives black & white
- Get your audience involved
- Don't be afraid to say what you need to say