These are the thoughts of Ben Smith, Founder of Merchant Circle, on the lack of risk-aversion of entrepreneurs.
"If you are going to be a serial entrepreneur, you are probably going to get fired. And you certainly are going to fail. So maybe you should think about:
- Failing with grace.
- Failing though persistence, not because you give up.
- Taking ownership for failure, but not taking it personally. There is a fine line.
- Accepting the risk and being ready for it. Have a base of relationships to support you when it happens.
- Failing as a member of your team. But not failing your team.
- Leading through failure. Don’t walk away."
Via Guillaume Decugis