You are the content you publish.
Sign up with Facebook
Sign up with Twitter
I don't have a Facebook or a Twitter account
Start a free trial of Scoop.it Business
Feel at home in the a-tom
The digital tools listed in this post are focused on vocabulary instruction, a key concern given the Common Core State Standards. Vocabulary comes into play when we look at reading, writing, speaking and listening. Students need to have a broad vocabulary, and we can support this through both direct and indirect instruction. This post provides links to online tools in the areas of:
* Reference Tools
* Word Clouds
* Games and Reviews* Word Walls and Virtual Field Trips
The post states:
Digital tools allows students to:
* hear pronunciations;
* read words in a variety of authentic examples;
* view photos and images related to words;
* reinforce word learning through interactive games;
* play with and manipulate language;
* discover rhyming words; and
* collaborate with classmates to create virtual words walls.
Consider checking out this post and providing time for students to explore some of these tools in and outside the classroom.
Some useful resources for vocab instruction
Literacy is a keystone of education. Teachers must constantly stay ahead of digital tools to all them to teach students. This list of resources is an excellent way to help stay in front!