How often have you made a New Year’s resolution, only to give up by February? How often have you started a new diet on Monday, only to give up by Wednesday?
All of us have good intentions for positive change in our lives. We come up with great goals – like losing weight, getting fit, writing a book, changing career, quitting smoking, cutting down on caffeine. All too often, though, our good intentions don’t last very long.
Here’s how to boost your chances of success. Try one or more of these seven tips today:
#1: Don’t Take On Too Much
Instead of trying to take on everything all at once, pick just one or two goals to focus on. That way, you’ll be far more likely to stick with them
#2: Be Accountable
When other people are involved, though, you’ll be much more likely to do what you’ve said you’ll do.
#3: Keep Track
Recording your progress has two great benefits: it lets you see how far you’ve come, and it encourages you to stay mindful about your goal.
#4: Build on Existing Habits
When you want to add new habits into your life, it can be useful to build on an existing one.
#5: Focus on the Benefits
Remind yourself on a regular basis about why you’re doing this.
#6: Enjoy the Process
If your goal is to exercise on a regular basis, for instance, look for forms of exercise that you truly enjoy (and there’ll be at least one or two)!
#7: Don’t Think “All or Nothing”
A small slip isn’t going to make a big difference to your overall progress – unless you let it. Instead of trying to be perfect, aim to work towards your goal 80% of the time, and don’t worry for the other 20%.
Via 173 Sud