Excerpt from article written by Dennis Shiao and published on Scoop.it Blog: "Every time I visit the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City, I see something I’ve never seen before. Wouldn’t it be great if our content collections drew as much interest, respect and admiration as the collections at MoMA? In order to achieve this feat, we need to become highly effective content curators. Let’s consider seven habits:
1. Focus on Goals
What are your goals around content curation? If you can’t answer that question, stop right now. Stop reading this post, too. Go answer the question, then return when you’re done.
2. Have Empathy
You’ll need to have empathy for your target audience. In other words, the better you understand their thoughts, interests and challenges, the more effective you’ll be at content curation.
3. Be Careful, Cautious and Selective Make sure you read (and digest) every piece of content you curate. Curate high quality content only, leaving the marginal pieces to the proverbial cutting room floor.
4. Editorialize Don’t just share content, tell us why you like (or dislike) the piece. What can your target audience learn from reading it and what are the key takeaways? In a sense, editorializing creates a nice blend of creation and curation.
5. Provide Attribution Providing attribution shows respect and helps drive visibility and awareness to content authors. As you curate, look up the author of the article (or blog post) and explicitly acknowledge them.
6. Understand What’s Timely and Trending Sharing fresh milk is good. Sharing spoiled milk is rotten. If you find content that is time sensitive, consider whether the “sharing window” has already passed.
7. Have an Eye for a Great Title Not everyone will be as thorough as you when reviewing content. A lot of people will click on a link solely because of a compelling title. As you sharpen your curating skills, you’ll begin to figure out what separates great titles from good titles. If you come across a great article that has just a good title, consider changing the title text when you curate..."
I attribute much of our success to three pieces of advice that have become our guiding principles:
1. Ask, "How much do I really want it?"
My high school crew coach told me that success only depends on one thing: how much you really want it. The difference between winning and losing, he would say, is nothing more than deciding that you want to win.
This advice has had a huge impact on my life and career. Every time I've dreamt up a new idea or venture, my coach's words have come to mind: How much do you really want this?
Asking yourself this question forces you to pause and evaluate the situation honestly. Do you have a true passion for it? Are you ready to do whatever it takes to make it work? Taking a genuine look at how much something matters to you will help you weed out certain projects and make time for the ones that truly captivate you.
... de novembro · Zagreb, Croácia 12 a 17 de novembro · « post anterior | Início | post seguinte ». Seg, 20/Mai/13. Seg, 20/Mai/13. Pottermore arrecada o prémio Digital Strategy of the Year. O sucesso do sítio virtual de Harry Potter analisado.
Are you looking for a creative way to showcase your business or website? Why not embrace video marketing?
Creating videos is a highly successful marketing strategy. However, it is one that requires a bit of thought and effort. This can make the task seem daunting.
However, there is nothing to fear! There are tons of great ways to embrace video marketing. From the simple to the complex, you can use videos to brand your business. Here are 14 great ideas to get you started.
Queridos Criativos da Área de Marketing Digital, compartilho com vocês um excelente Guia do Google para iniciantes. Um guia completo para você que está iniciando e quer se aprimorar no desenvolvimento e otimização de sites para ...
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.