Facebook's pages reach has been going down... a lot. This it not news and we wanted to have a clear view about how much worse things got. In this blog post, we're confirming the hard truth (with some hope). And we're also trying to answer this question: what if I were to post twice more, would I double my reach? Does 1% reach on 2 posts give me 2% reach or do I still get 1%?
You’ve setup your brand’s Twitter account, launched your business page on Facebook and fashioned a company profile on LinkedIn. You’re uploading content, sharing links to your products and services and engaging with fans.
Now, if only you could figure out your return on investment
Whether you are short on time or want to boost your popularity by sharing lots of content that your audience will love, content creation is a great thing to implement in your digital marketing strategy.
Excerpt from article written by Dennis Shiao and published on Scoop.it Blog: "Every time I visit the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City, I see something I’ve never seen before. Wouldn’t it be great if our content collections drew as much interest, respect and admiration as the collections at MoMA? In order to achieve this feat, we need to become highly effective content curators. Let’s consider seven habits:
1. Focus on Goals
What are your goals around content curation? If you can’t answer that question, stop right now. Stop reading this post, too. Go answer the question, then return when you’re done.
2. Have Empathy
You’ll need to have empathy for your target audience. In other words, the better you understand their thoughts, interests and challenges, the more effective you’ll be at content curation.
3. Be Careful, Cautious and Selective Make sure you read (and digest) every piece of content you curate. Curate high quality content only, leaving the marginal pieces to the proverbial cutting room floor.
4. Editorialize Don’t just share content, tell us why you like (or dislike) the piece. What can your target audience learn from reading it and what are the key takeaways? In a sense, editorializing creates a nice blend of creation and curation.
5. Provide Attribution Providing attribution shows respect and helps drive visibility and awareness to content authors. As you curate, look up the author of the article (or blog post) and explicitly acknowledge them.
6. Understand What’s Timely and Trending Sharing fresh milk is good. Sharing spoiled milk is rotten. If you find content that is time sensitive, consider whether the “sharing window” has already passed.
7. Have an Eye for a Great Title Not everyone will be as thorough as you when reviewing content. A lot of people will click on a link solely because of a compelling title. As you sharpen your curating skills, you’ll begin to figure out what separates great titles from good titles. If you come across a great article that has just a good title, consider changing the title text when you curate..."
Want to get more engagement on Twitter? Did you know Twitter has a tool to help you analyze your tweets? Knowing which tweets have generated strong engagement in the past helps you craft better tweets. In this article I'll explain how to analyze your tweets' performance to improve your Twitter marketing. #1: Gather Twitter Activity You…
Developing a social media strategy is important. But beyond just implementing a plan, you’ll want to evaluate your social channel’s success in order to improve moving forward. Google Analytics is a valuable tool that can help you to analyze and enhance your social media strategy.