IMAGES OF BUILDING-INTEGRATED AGRICULTURE IN JAPAN:
Beautiful! “ Urban Farm at Pasona Tokyo Headquarters is a nine story high, 215,000 square foot corporate office building for a Japanese recruitment located in downtown Tokyo...
It's a major renovation project consisting of a double skinned green facade, offices, an auditorium, cafeterias, a rooftop garden and most notably, urban farming facilities integrated within the building. The green space totals over 43,000 square feet with 200 species including fruits, vegetables and rice that are harvested, prepared and served at the cafeterias within the building. It is the largest and most direct farm-to-table of its kind ever realized inside an office building in Japan.
Conservation Magazine, February 17, 2014
▶ 7 BENEFITS TO BRINGING NATURE BACK TO CITIES http://conservationmagazine.org/2014/02/7-benefits-bringing-nature-back-cities/
Sustainable Food Trust, September 26, 2014
- ▶ BIOPHILIC CITIES: GOING BEYOND GREEN. Biophilic Cities put the natural world at the heart of urban environment, going beyond green to reconnect people and places. http://sustainablefoodtrust.org/articles/biophilic-cities-urban-growing/
- ▶ BIOPHILIC CITIES| The Biophilic Cities Project http://biophiliccities.org/the-biophilic-cities-project/
GreenBiz, October 14, 2014
- ▶ WHAT GOOGLE KNOWS ABOUT GREENER OFFICES. A growing number of organizations from Google to the federal government are incorporating homages to nature into their office blueprints, not just to earn more green building certification points but to reduce employee stress, improve cognitive function and encourage creativity.
Greenbiz, January 27, 2015
- ▶ WHY MICROSOFT AND INTEL ARE BRINGING THE OUTDOORS INTO OFFICE DESIGN http://www.greenbiz.com/article/can-illusion-great-outdoors-have-same-biophilic-impact
May 21, 2013 Guardian Sustainable Business
▶ WHY GOOGLE AND SONY ARE TURNING TO NATURE TO INSPIRE THEIR LEADERS. Released from the banalities of the office, reconnecting with the outdoors can stimulate innovation... http://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/google-sony-nature-inspire-leaders
- ▶ BRINGING 'MINDFULNESS' TO THE WORKPLACE -- 25% OF LARGE US COMPANIES LAUNCH INTERNAL 'STRESS-REDUCTION' INITIATIVES http://sco.lt/7yfg1p
"WE ARE ALL ONE: - A SHORT FILM -`❤´- -
Mongabay, April 11, 2014
- ▶ LIFE FINDS A WAY: THE SURPRISING BIODIVERSITY OF CITIES.
Public perception of wildlife tends to be tied to natural habitats such as forests, ocean and other wild settings. However, cities can provide habitat for many animals and plants. In the largest global assessment of urban biodiversity to date, published in Proceedings of the Royal Society, researchers examined the biodiversity of urban areas and found that cities are home to a surprising number of species. The study underlines the conservation importance of preserving and creating green spaces when it comes to urban planning.
Read more at http://news.mongabay.com/2014/0411-levikov-cities-biodiversity.html#fBOegyyVwsoUc3Vf.99
-▶ NEW CHINESE "GREEN HEALTH CITY" WILL BE A SUSTAINABLE PROTOTYPE FOR THE WORLD. Designers say limiting fossil fuel use will aid quick healing for those who have been ill or injured http://www.earthtechling.com/2013/06/new-chinese-city-goes-green-for-the-health-benefits/
Gizmag, February 18, 2014
-▶ SRI LANKAN APARTMENT BLOCK TO BE WORLD'S TALLEST VERTICAL GARDEN http://www.gizmag.com/clearpoint-residencies-worlds-tallest-vertical-garden/30864/
Guardian Sustainable Business, April 23, 2014
- ▶ DESIGNING CITIES AND FACTORIES WITH URBAN AGRICULTURE IN MIND . The Netherlands offers inspiration for designers looking to create environments that harvest water, energy and nutrients
- ▶ URBICULTURE COMMUNITY FARMS: MILE-HIGH LIFE-CHANGING URBAN FARMING http://organicconnectmag.com/urbiculture-community-farms-mile-high-life-changing-urban-farming/#.UmeMziTc-RR
- ▶ URBAN AGRICULTURE IN CUBA - CHICAGO - NEW YORK http://sco.lt/6yVOTZ
- ▶ PLANS UNVEILED FOR INCREDIBLE FUTURISTIC "FLAVOR ORCHARD" FARM CITY IN CHINA. Dense urban centers tend to be disconnected from the farms that feed them. Vincent Callebautcould change that with "Flavors Orchard," a futuristic city district designed for Kunming, China that consists of 45 energy positive villas set on a huge community orchard and food garden. The project boasts state-of-the-art sustainable technologies like automatic temperature regulation synced with the sun’s path, wind power, and a smart energy grid, and it offers residents plenty of fresh air, green space, and delicious produce... http://inhabitat.com/vincent-callebaut-architectures-unveils-futuristic-flavours-orchard-eco-district-for-china/flavors-orchard-vincent-callebaut-china-farm-city-14/?extend=1
Gizmag, January 15, 2014
-▶ ARCHITECTS, URBANARBOLISMO'S HUGE HYDROPONIC VERTICAL GARDEN INCORPORATE OVER 33,000 PLANTS. A vertical garden covering 1492m2 has been created in Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain. The garden, which adorns the the Palacio de Congresos Europa (Palace of Congresses Europe) and incorporates over 33,000 individual plants, was designed by Alicante-based sustainable architecture firm Urbanarbolismo. http://www.gizmag.com/urbanarbolismo-1500-meter-squared-vertical-garden/30468/
- ▶ THE PLANT SKYSCRAPERS: GIANT GREENHOUSES IN CITY CENTRES TO HERALD A NEW AGE OF FARMING? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2255494/The-plant-skyscrapers-Giant-greenhouses-city-centres-herald-new-age-farming.html
Grist, October 15, 2013
- ▶ PRETTY VACANTS: URBAN COMMUNITIES FILL EMPTY LOTS WITH GARDENS, SKATE PARKS AND CREATIVE POSSIBILITY http://grist.org/cities/pretty-vacants-urban-communities-fill-empty-lots-with-gardens-skate-parks-and-creative-possibility/
Science Daily, January 31, 2014
- ▶ GATHERING 'WILD' FOOD IN THE CITY: RETHINKING THE ROLE OF FORAGING IN URBAN ECOSYSTEM PLANNING, MANAGEMENT http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/01/140131093339.htm
HOW TO MAKE A FOOD FOREST SUBURB
Huffington Post Green, November 22, 2013
- ▶ THE LANDSCAPE CAN PROTECT OUR HEALTH -- IF WE PROTECT THE LANDSCAPE http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/22/climate-change-typhoon-haiyan-philippines_n_4320782.html
RETHINKING TRADITIONAL ARCHITECTURE
▶ BUILDING HOUSES, DESIGNED & INFORMED BY NATURE -- WITH 3D-PRINTING http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS9XH210U4g
23 March, 2013 - Huffington Post
-▶ FARMING IN THE CITY: INDOOR VERTICAL FARMS
Occupying 90,000 square feet of a formerly abandoned suburban Chicago warehouse, FarmedHere is not only the first indoor vertical farm of its kind in the nation -- it's also the largest.... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/22/farmedhere-nations-largest-vertical-farm_n_2933739.html?
29 March, 2013 - Natural News
-▶ INDOOR URBAN VERTICAL FARMING: THE NEW AGRICULTURE http://www.naturalnews.com/039692_urban_gardening_vertical_farming_aquaponics.html
HOW TO FOSTER BIODIVERSITY IN WORLD'S CITIES
A NEW URBAN WILDLIFE MOVEMENT?
BRINGING NATURE INTO THE WORK PLACE AND BACK INTO YOUR LIFE http://sco.lt/6o6Bo9
REWILD THE CHILD
Bringing Nature Back Into Schools and The Classroom
If Children Lose Connection With Nature, They Won't Fight For It
Gizmag, June 03, 2013
-▶ CLASSROOMS THAT GROW FOOD. The SEEDclassroom is a place for children to learn and think about sustainability (SEED itself standing for Sustainable Education Every Day). Each 900 sq ft (84 sq m) building catches rainwater to be used in the sinks and basins, from which water is intercepted once again, and filtered through a "living wall" of edible plants. The classroom's energy is provided by rooftop solar power http://www.gizmag.com/seed-classroom/27763/
March 29, 2013 - Business Insider
-▶ INFOGRAPHIC: PORTLAND AS GREENEST CITY IN USA http://www.businessinsider.com/portland-green-city-infographic-2013-3