You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can't get them across, your ideas won't get you anywhere. Tips for effective internal communications:
1. Be clear and concise.
2. Set the tone at the top.
3. Understand your employees.
4. Use many channels.
5. Provide context.
6. Be timely: Notify employees first!
7. Be forthcoming, and be continuous.
8. Match actions with words.
9. Emphasize face-to-face communications.
10. Create an organizational habit for communications.
12. Measure effectiveness.
13. Facilitate conversation.
14. Be objective.
15. Say "thank you" as much as possible.