Top 5 reasons why candidate experience matters to hiring leaders:
1) First impressions are lasting impressions. If your career website is clunky = Does anyone really want to work for this type of company?
2) Employees who like their jobs often try to get their friends on the same team. Many companies weight the hiring process toward employee referrals.
3) Job seekers want feedback. If you’re not going to hire a person, tell him or her quickly, and if possible tell the candidate why so he can improve his approach – or resume.
4) People move around in the course of a career. If they had a bad experience during your hiring process or as an employee, the word will spread.
5) People want to believe they made a good choice. It’s your opportunity to convince candidates your company is well-managed, fair to employees, and a good place to work.