Talent is the No. 1 impediment to or success factor in executing the business plan. Led by the CEO, a talent strategy must:
1. Articulate a comprehensive vision of where the company wants to go, what unique value it delivers and what effects it wants to have.
2. Organize work structures to unleash the knowledge, innovation and creativity of every employee to achieve that vision.
3. Examine, understand and deliver what employees want from their employer and work environment.
Components of an Integrated Talent Management Plan
1. Assess talent.
2. Develop leaders.
3. Implement and align strategy.
4. Engage employees.
5. Align the workforce with business needs.