The subject of my chat was “The Role of Empathy in Leadership” and I have to say I was gratified by both the level of participation and depth of contributions/insights which arose during the discussion (click here to download a PDF copy of the chat transcript).
Here are the ten questions I asked participants
as we discussed the role empathy
plays in leadership.
1. What does empathy mean?..
2. Why does it matter for us to understand the needs of others?..
3. What traits/behaviours distinguish someone as empathetic?..
4. Can we learn to be more empathetic or is this an innate trait?...
5. What can we do to become more empathetic?...